The principle “Caveat Emptor” is no more a good law in India. With the growth of consumer law, particularly Consumer Protection Act, there has been unprecedented mass awareness in the general consumers. For the redressal of their grievances, like other states, Uttarakhand state also established besides, District consumer Forums, State Consumer Disputes Redressal commission at Dehradun. Sri Surender kumar has got the privilege of having been appointed the first member of the state Commission. The Commission worked hard to decide all the old and new cases pending for more than a decade. Not only this, Uttarakhand State Commission stood first in the country in the disposal of cases in which the contribution of Sri. Kumar cannot be underestimated.
Sri. Kumar has great zeal and patience to give relief to the consumers. In order to achieve his objective Sri Kumar has tried his level best to edit the landmark judgements rendered be the Apex Court, NCDRC as well as of the Uttarakhand State Commission and gave them a book shape. Due to various eactements on the subject, it has become difficult to find out authoritative pronouncements.
|Foreword By : Justice K.D
State Commission Consumer Disputes Redressal,
Director, Unison School of Law, Dehradun
|NAME||: SURENDRA KUMAR AGARWAL|
|FATHER'S NAME||: LATE SHRI PREM CHAND|
: 10-B PATEL ROAD,
|DATE OF BIRTH||: 25 AUGUST, 1951|
Brought up and educated at Roorkie, Bharapur and Dehradun.
* Convener - consumers help line (i.e.:- consumershelpline.info)
* Ex-Minister of State/ Member, State Consumer Redressal Commission Uttarakhand
* Fought Assembly Election from Dehradun City in 1996 against B.J.P
* Ex-Chief Spokesman, State Congress Committee, Uttarakhand
* He has actively participated and Court arrested in 1976 while agitating in favour of Smt. Indira Gandhi's JAIL BHARO ANDOLAN.
* Led and actively participated UTTARAKHAND MOVEMENT, 1994 & took Jail Yatra.
* EX Chairman Fact Finding Committee of Uttarakhand Movement During 1994-95 & one of the petitioner in the Hon'ble High Court Allahabad against U.P. Govt. during Uttarakhand state agitation.
|MANAGER||: Nehru Academy Junior High School, Dehradun|
|Chief - Editor||: News Point, Daily & Weekly, News Paper.|
|Ex- Vice President||: D.A.V P.G College & has been associated with many Student Organisation & has been elected as a to Chemistry, Botany, association of D.A.V. Pg College.|
|Ex-Secretary||: Social Service League|
|Ex- Debate Secretary||: D.A.V. P.G. College Dehradun|
|Ex-Vice President & General Secretary||: U.P. State N.S.U.I|
|Ex- General Secretary||: U.P. State Congress Committee, National Integration Cell|
|Divisional General Sec.||: Garhwal Mandal Kisaan Congress|
|Ex-Convener||: Citizens Forum during Janta Party Regime|
|Ex-Convener||: Fact Finding Committee of Uttarakhand Agitation|
|Ex-Founder President||: Dehra Youth Club, Dehradun|
|Secretary||: Shri Panchayati Mandir Samiti, Dehradun|
|Convener||: Choupal, A Social Organisation, Dehradun|
|Patron||: Garhwal Vikas Samiti, Dehradun|
|Convener||: Garhwal Mandal Nirbal Kamgar Maha Sangh|
|Ex-President & Ex-Vice President||: District Youth Congress & City, Dehradun|
( SURENDRA KUMAR AGARWAL)